At GT Cleaning, we understand the importance of finding chemical-free, environmentally-friendly cleaning alternatives that tackle germs and dirt.
That’s why we’ve curated a list of our best “how to” toxic-free cleaning tips to keep your office and for that matter your home, cleaner, more environmentally friendly and toxin-free.
How To Clean Glass & Mirrors Without Chemicals
Mirrors and glass surfaces are the windows to the soul of your business and home but are super-prone to pesky fingerprints, dust and oils. Try our tried and tested method to keep them sparkly clean.
1. Mix up tap water and white vinegar to a 50:50 ratio.
2. Spray white vinegar and water solution over the entire surface
2. Rub with a towel or cloth to loosen build-up
3. Fold cloth to the dry side or use another dry-polishing cloth to wipe away the residue.
4. Let the surface dry
5. Buff out any streaks and remaining lint with a dry cotton towel
How To Clean Stainless Steel So It Sparkles
Stainless steel appliances are so essential for giving kitchens the ‘wow-factor’, but they’re often tarnished with oily fingerprints and food residue. Although keeping stainless steel clean can be a challenge, our toxin-free cleaning tips are the perfect natural solution to keep your appliances looking their best.
1. Clean the area with a light, non-abrasive soap and water and dry with a towel
2. Dab a small amount of olive oil on to a clean, microfibre towel or rag
3. Work the oil thoroughly in the direction of the stainless ‘grain’ to achieve optimal results
4. Wipe the area over with a small amount of white vinegar for a less shiny finish.
How To Clean Wood Flooring Naturally
Believe it or not, white vinegar is one of the best natural, inexpensive cleaners for hardwood floors. Follow our steps below to clean your wood floors without harsh toxins:
1. Sweep up any loose dirt and debris using a micro-fibre dust mop or broom
2. Mix ¼ cup of apple cider white vinegar OR ½ cup white vinegar with 4 litres of warm water in a bucket
3. Dampen a mop in the mixture
4. Mop the floor and wait to dry
5. Buff the floor with a dry micro-fibre towel for the perfect finish.
If you are looking for a professional cleaner that uses environmentally friendly solutions for all their cleaning or would like more information regarding our favourite natural cleaning solutions, give GT Cleaning a call today.